Secretos de Lucha in Melbourne

Hello everybody,
well, here I am back in Sydney after 3 days in Melbourne during the latin film festival. It was a great pleasure for me to go back to this town that I still don't know very well, having visited it only a couple of times before, and each time it was only for a couple of days. I really need to thank Leandro, the director of the film festival, who invited me over, and also many other members of the organization who were all as sweet: Fabiola, Gabriela, Nicola,Tristan and Carlos. Opening night was very nice, with a band playing after the projection, and last night a nice opportunity to dance a bit of salsa and cumbia, together with members of the audience and festival public.
Yesterday also was the screening of Secretos, the premiere in Australia, and it was again a fantastic encounter with the audience. Thank so much to all of you who came. The audience was constituted of both Latinamerican people, from Uruguay, or Chile, or Colombia, but they were also many Australian and people who don't have anything to do with South America. The questions after the film were very original, asking me about my childhood or how this film and the discovery of all the struggles my family went through was going to affect me, how am I going to project my life after this. It is hard to answer this question, but I think that what I did get out of this film and this search is the urge to do things that I find meaningful. I can't just work for money, I need to believe that what I'm doing can affect the world, and I feel responsible about that. This is why I go with the film to talk to people, because I feel Secretos is a film that also need commenting and analysis. When I'm there I can try and give more elements for the analysis, but it is each one of the viewers who has a special journey to go through inside to make his own conclusions about the film. I know my projects are also very ambitious, and that they will take time, but I also know I can find the strength to go forward and do them. I just hope that in the way I will go on meeting people who are like minded, who feel responsible for what they do, are concerned about how the world goes and want to act about it, who will share my point of view, or even challenge it with constructive criticism, so together we can move forward. this is an act of faith indeed. Faith in Humanity. Do something, say something when you see something unfair done to other. Be responsible. Know yourself. Think, then do.
And Believe.

and then go and dance some salsa!
See you soon
Maiana

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Secretos de Lucha 's Blog

News and comments / Noticias y comentarios

Comentarios de Estudiantes de LSE despues de la proyeccion en Londres