New year for Secretos de Lucha

Hello everyone!
Happy new year to all of you who come and visit this blog. I know I have been a bit slack of late, but I have hardly been in the same town for more than 2 weeks, and as everybody knows, it can get quite hard to sit down and write when your mind keeps thinking about your next move.
So we showed Secretos in Paris, on January 10th. It was a great emotion for me, seeing a full house for the screening at 8pm. Many Uruguayans, some members of my family, some friends, lots of people i didn't know, but who took part in a very warm debate after the screening. Thanks again for coming, I hope I will soon have another opportunity to attend a screening like this one in Paris. Many thanks to Silvia Balea from the Latina cinema, and to Mathilde from the Union Latine who helped organising and financing the event.
I also thank all those who came to the screening during the FIPA in Biarritz. There I've worked hard to meet many people from the industry, something so important in this field... I just wish we could get some real dinner in this kind of festivals. Les petits fours are nice for a couple of days, but not for 5, and I was longing for a big nice steak...Anyway....
With these last 2 screenings we are reaching a total audience of around 3500 people who came to see the movie in theaters and festivals. I 'm not including here the screenings in high schools, but those also are very interesting for me, as the students often ask quite provocative and interesting questions.
Between these two screenings, I was in Rennes helping out my sister who was due to give birth to her third child. Pablo and his mother are well and healthy.
Next screenings:
Audiviosual High school in Angoulême, on February 1st (for my b-day...)
French Institue of Athens, Greece, February 4th, festival Cinema et réalité.
Avignon, Utopia cinema, 20h30, February 7th
Melbourne latino film festival, end of February.
Sydney Latino film festival, in March.
Lilles Colores Latino film festival, in March
Toulouse Latino film festival, late March.

I'll put the dates and times of the screenings as soon as I get them myself.
For the moment, I just want to thank life for the beautiful career of my film, and hope that I will soon have another opportunity of directed a meaningful project like this one. I'm going back to Australia to work as an editor for a bit. I will keep developing my other projects.
See you soon, remember to take care of those who you love, family and friends. And pets if you have some.
Hasta pronto
Maiana

Comments

Anonymous said…
Bonjour! Je suis un élève en terminale ES du Lycée de l'Image et du Son d'Angoulême (dit LISA). Je voulais vous laisser ce commentaire pour vous dire que j'ai beaucoup aimé votre film. Contrairement à une grande part des documentaires, vous avez su, en le traitant selon l'hstoire de votre famille, rendre votre sujetcaptivant et plus proche du public. De plus, on est presque gêné par les secrets qu vous découvrez car on se sent au début un peu comme un intrus dans une histoire qui nenous regarde pas.
Un grand bravo donc pour Secretos de lucha et je vous souhaite de réussir autant toutes vos autres productions.
Maiana Bidegain said…
Bonjour Anonyme, merci pour ton commentaire. J'espère cependant qu'on ne sent pas trop intrus en regardant le film. J'ai essayé de le rendre intime, mais suffisamment respectueux pour n epas tomber dans le voyeurisme, pour qu'on ne se sente pas étranger, mais au contraire que l'on puisse se sentir connecté par nos propres histoires, nos propres vécus, qui que l'on soit, où qu'on ait grandi. Merci pour ton message et tes voeux, je te souhaite à toi aussi bonne chance pour le bac, et surtout pour la suite!
Maiana

Popular posts from this blog

Secretos de Lucha 's Blog

News and comments / Noticias y comentarios

Comentarios de Estudiantes de LSE despues de la proyeccion en Londres