Full House for Secretos in Bayonne

Hello everybody,
in this note I just really would like to thank the fantastic audience that came to meet us, my father and I, in the screenings that took place in Bayonne, last friday, and in St Jean Pied de Port, last night.
The Atalante, this theatre so important to the cultural life in Bayonne, my home town, was a full house for the screening, despite the odds (as it was competing against the "little final" of rugby, France against Argentina.) It was quite moving to answer some of the questions. I know I have still to work on this, so I can manage to answer better and more at length some of the topics, but it is hard for me at times to try and remain completely neutral when what we are talking about is my father's life, and therefore also mine. But the encounter was excelent, as I believed we were able to share experiences and thoughts on the whole process both of Uruguay's recent history and the journey that was the making of the film. Many thanks to Jean François, Secretos's producer, who came and also took part in the debate.
Last night in St Jean Pied de Port, a bit more than 150 people came, sometime from quite a distance away, to see the documentary. Another great encounter, hosted by the association Garazikus, and the Vauban theater. It was very interesting for me to see how last night the topics that were discussed revolved about our human values, especially in the optic of a christian upbringing. I loved the fact that the people really wanted to talk to my father, and let him also express his views on the Church (and how he reckons that what had reached from his point of view a certain modernity in the religion approach of many priests and bishops in South America in the 60's and 70s has been followed from the 80's by a step backwards in what relates to, for instance, tolerance, priest's marriage, etc etc.). The audience was very diverse, ranging from teenagers to elder people, and again we gathered the testimonies from those for lived a very similar story as the one we tell in the film, but here, or nearby, in Spain, where the silence about what happened during Franco's regime is still quite institutionalised. So much to say...
Please keep on sharing with us: as I say, the words are the beginning of the fight, and without transmission, the struggle dies. I hope I will be able to share more of this with you all, and thanks again all of you who come. It is a joy, there is so much energy that seem to just be waiting to spring up... Looking forward to talking to you, see you next time.
Maiana

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Secretos de Lucha 's Blog

News and comments / Noticias y comentarios

Comentarios de Estudiantes de LSE despues de la proyeccion en Londres